This is an ideal role for someone who is interested in becoming a steward or safety rep and wants to find out more about what’s involved.
A UNISON steward is an elected rep who helps organise, recruit and represent members in their workplace.
Health and Safety reps
A UNISON health and safety rep helps to make sure that both people’s jobs and their workplaces do not cause injury or ill-health.
Benefits of being involved:
– Help make a difference
– Get together with work friends, colleagues and meet new people
– Discover new opportunities for education, training and development
– Help yourself and improve your life at work, home and in the wider world
– Have fun and do something you enjoy
– Receive expenses for travel, food, etc
– Paid time off work to perform duties
– Modest Honorarium paid annually to Officers and Stewards